Saturday, November 22, 2014

Why am I here?

Hello! my name is Sabine.

I've been cooking since I was 13, my dad made me - as there was no mum to do it, it was left to me.
I haven't always been strapped for cash and have cooked all the posh stuff too but over the years I have learnt that you really truly do not need a lot of money to make delicious nutritious meals for yourself and your family.
It's about the quality of ingredients and the limits of your imagination. Cooking should not be scary, but I know sometimes it is. We're all so conditioned to assuming the ads are right and that the only tasty food we can have at home is found under a layer of cellophane from the fridge section of the supermarket, or by ordering a takeaway, that we have lost our ability to cook quickly and easily from scratch with whatever we have at hand (with a few extras if they're affordable at the time).

This blog is from the heart! I want to help everyone eat well, I feel strongly about this! And I will be on this ride with you - at the moment I am totally broke, not even on benefits. I cook what I can, what I have and I attempt to budget and work out what I need for the week.

I live with my two big kids  who are both looking for work and my partner. At the moment none of us have cash to splash and are pooling our resources to eat as well as possible.
As it's a new blog I will firstly add a few very cheap and nutritious recipes and then if people are interested, the plan is for you to send me a list of what's in your cupboard and what you can afford to spend that day or week and I will come up with some thing you will love.
Also, I will make suggestions of staples to always have in your cupboard and the kind of shops to get them from to maximise your money.

I'm very excited about this, I hope you enjoy our journey together into food heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment