This is how I made my peasant pasta:
- Fry onions until golden, add garlic and thinly sliced aubergines.
- Fry til golden, with olive oil if possible. Add butter to enrich!
- Boil water for pasta and cook till al-dente (almost done) then drain and cool with plenty of cold water.
- Leave the pasta until you're ready to add to sauce (It's important to do this as otherwise it just continues to cook and will be disgusting).
- Meanwhile, add chickpeas to the sauce, then the pesto, some warm water and cream cheese. Keep cooking. Add lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper too.
- Gently keep cooking sauce.
- The drained, cooled pasta then needs to go back in the pan. Add the sauce, heat through and serve on warm dishes (from the microwave).
- If possible, have a simple salad ready. Make this with lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes with a simple dressing of olive oil and lemon juice, salt and pepper and mustard if you have them.
Tomorrow, I'll see what I have and let you know!
Please send me what you have in your cupboard and if you can get any extras and I WILL suggest a delicious nutritious meal for you and your friends and family! This ain't rocket science! Get cooking! Big love XXX
No comments:
Post a Comment