Today for Sunday lunch all I had was some big tomatoes, garlic,2 eggs, cheese and some leftovers from last nights Peasant Pasta.
So, Bastardo huevos rancheros it is then!
I fried the tomatoes and garlic gently with butter (I've run out of oil) sprinkled some chilli powder, turmeric and oregano. Once the tomatoes were soft I added the leftover pasta, fried that up.
Then I cracked a couple of eggs into the mix, grated some cheese on top and put the lid on for a few moments until eggs were cooked.
Served it with a couple of crackers I found in the cupboard. Nice!
Real Huevos Rancheros should have potatoes and chorizo in it, I'll show you that one another time.
I'm now eying up a packet of quinoa, a tin of tomatoes and one of tuna for a Sunday dinner treat! Ummm not so sure about that one, I'll let you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment